- Training in Clinical Research (TICR)
- CTSI Consultation Services
Biostatistics, Study Design, Data Management & Extraction, Recruitment Services, Scientific Writing
- CTSI Online Education Curriculum
Online education courses that are a convenient and valuable option not only for those requiring flexibility, but also NIH credit fulfillments (courses include Responsible Conduct of Research & How to Write a PCORI Grant).
- CTSI K Scholars Program
Apply with an Outside Career Development Award, including those from NIH (e.g., K23, K01, K08, K12, K99/R00) and other organizations (e.g., VA, AHA).
- Faculty Mentoring Program
Junior faculty, up to the Associate rank, and new faculty (who have come to UCSF within the past three years) are eligible to participate in the mentoring program.
- Balancing Career & Family Resources for Faculty
- Active Service-Modified Duties: A period of reduced responsibilities to allow faculty to prepare and/or care for his or her own newborn child or that of a spouse or domestic partner, or to care for a child under age five placed for adoption or foster care in the faculty home.
- Stopping the Clock for the Care of a Child or Children: Faculty in an academic senate series at UCSF may stop the clock during their probationary period to care for a newborn child or a child under the age of five newly placed for adoption or foster care.
- Childbearing Leave
- Parental Leave Without Pay
- UCSF Faculty and Staff Assistance Program
Confidential Psychological Counseling & Consultation Services (provided at no cost)
- Family Caregiver Alliance
A community-based nonprofit organization that addresses the needs of families and friends providing long-term care for loved ones at home. Includes the Bay Area Caregiver Resource Center.
- My Family at UCSF — Connecting families with support and resources
- Edge for Scholars Newsletter: Family Matters Edition
The Edge is an open blogging platform where members can contribute to the discussion of meeting caregiving challenges in academic life. To join the edition: create a profile, select the Family Matters edition and any others you would like to follow.