On this page
We encourage you to commence spending funds immediately, as no carry-forwards will be allowed.
- Your award is supported by CTSI’s Fund to Retain Clinical Scientists, sponsored by the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation (DDCF).
- In the event that another agency, either within or outside of UCSF, funds this project, you will notify the CTSI-Pilot Awards program administrator immediately. Depending on the additional funding, you may need to decline one of the awards.
- Indirect costs are not allowed on subcontracts funded by CTSI awards. It is your responsibility to coordinate with your RSA and external partner to waive indirect costs.
- No changes of PI are allowed for this award.
- Additional reports and other information may be required by the DDCF and CTSI.
- All publications, as well as posters and/or abstracts at scientific meetings, reporting work funded by your CTSI award should acknowledge that support in writing: "This work was supported by Grant 2015211 from the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation."
- You will be asked to complete surveys as part of a study to assess the impact of the Fund to Retain Clinical Scientists. The surveys will include questions about demographics and basic job characteristics as well as objective funding and publication data.
- An initial CTSI progress report is due a year after your project period ends. A second progress report is due the following year, and a 5-year follow-up report will be due three years after the second. All reports must be completed by the date requested. Details will be requested of additional extramural funds received, publications and presentations.
- When you apply for IRB approval, please indicate that your research is supported by the DDCF Fund to Retain Clinical Scientists at CTSI (RAS Award # A126404).
- You must keep your IRB approval current and active for the duration of the award period. Please send copies of all approval letters to the CTSI-Pilot Awards program administrator.
Budget and Financial Management
- Funds must be spent according to the approved budget. Prior approval is required to amend the budget by 20% or more. If you wish to amend your budget, please send a copy of your original approved budget, your proposed budget and an updated budget justification to the CTSI-Pilot Awards program administrator, with a brief narrative explaining the reason for the changes.
- Your funds must be spent consistent with the approved award. Any changes to originally stated aims must receive prior approval from the CTSI-Pilot Awards faculty director.
- If your project runs over budget or you charge something that is not allowable, you are liable for the charges and will be asked to provide an alternate account for those costs.
- See additional Post-award Financial Management and reporting obligations.
Any funds left unspent at the end of the award period will revert to CTSI-Pilot Awards. Requests for no-cost extensions will not be considered.
Please note that any non-compliance with these award terms and conditions will be reported to your Department Chair and may result in discontinuation of your award.