Online Browsable Datasets
- AHRQ fact sheets help patients, clinicians, health system leaders, and policymakers make more informed healthcare decisions.
- AHRQ's National Healthcare Disparities Report (NHDR) summarizes information about health care quality and access among various racial, ethnic, and income groups and other priority populations, such as children and older adults.
- AHRQ's National Healthcare Quality Report (NHQR), tracks the performance of the health care system through quality measures, such as the percentage of heart attack patients who received recommended care when they reached the hospital.
- AHRQ Research in Action syntheses interpret findings from AHRQ-sponsored studies to show how research results can be used in meaningful ways to improve health care.
- AHRQ State Snapshots provide State-specific health care quality information, including strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for improvement.
- AskCHIS is a tool that allows you to quickly search for health statistics on counties, regions, and the state of California compiled from the California Health Interview Survey.
- California Health Care Almanac contains a series of reports produced by the California HealthCare Foundation that contain statistical information on a wide range of health care topics, including quality, affordability, access to health insurance, the uninsured, and the financial health of the health care system.
- Chronic Conditions of Californians reports by UCLA Center for Health Policy Research include exhibits and maps outlining statistics related to heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, and asthma; 2005 and 2007 editions introduce psychological distress, active asthma, and congestive heart failure; provide prevalence rates; and examine selected characteristics.
- Commonwealth Fund shares maps and data, including ChartCart and Performance Snapshots, which allow you to create your own collections of Commonwealth Fund charts. Further resources include the State Data Center, where you can compare state-level health performance, and an interactive map featuring Child Health Scorecard data.
- Dartmouth Atlas of Health Care uses Medicare data to provide information and analysis about national, regional, and local markets. Data are available on the following topics: primary care service areas, end of life care, care of chronic illness in last two years of life, hospital and physician capacity, quality/effective care, hospital use, hospital discharges for medical conditions, Medicare reimbursement, and surgical procedures.
- Data Resource Center for Child and Adolescent Health provides user friendly access to data from the National Survey of Children's Health (NSCH) and the National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) as well as many other useful resources.
- Long term care: facts on care in the US (LTCFocUS.org) provides data on nursing home care in the US, specifically focusing on the health and functional status of nursing home residents, characteristics of care facilities, state policies relevant to long term care services, financing, and data characterizing the markets in which facilities exist.
- NCHS Data Briefs are statistical publications from the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) that take a complex data subject and summarizes it in text and graphics that provide readers with easily comprehensible information in a compact publication.
- NCHS Information Sheets provide summaries of data from NCHS on a variety of health care topics.
- RAND California Databases provides California statistics on a variety of topics. Main categories include business and economics, community statistics, education, energy and environment, government finance, health and socioeconomic statistics, and population and demographics. RAND California is a subscription-based service (UCSF has a subscription).
- Statehealthfacts.org is the Kaiser Family Foundation's online source for the latest state-by-state data from all 50 states and national data on more than 700 demographic, health, and health policy topics.
- US Census Bureau's Gateway to census 2000 and American Fact Finder have tables and maps of geographies to the block level; summaries of the most requested data for states and counties; and data highlights, documentation, and FTP access for the US, states, counties, places (cities & towns), and more, including data for Puerto Rico (en español) and Island Areas.
Back to top