The Clinical Research Services (CRS) has partnered with the Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging to form a consolidated research core on the Parnassus campus.
The combined Body Composition, Exercise Physiology and Energy Metabolism Core offers the following services:
Exercise testing – treadmill testing, cycle ergometry, 6-minute walk tests, gait-speed, and shuttle walk.
- Muscle function testing for a wide variety of muscle groups can be performed using a computerized Biodex isokinetic muscle testing machine.
- Respiratory gas analysis - indirect calorimetry for measurement of resting and exercise energy expenditure and substrate utilization.
- High resolution 3D optical whole body scanning that provides up to 400 anthropomorphic measures.
- Advanced bioimpedance measures.
- Body composition and bone mineral density scanning - the combined core will have a new Hologic Horizon/A DXA system. This DXA system includes many enhanced features such as measures of visceral adipose tissue, abdominal aortic calcifications, high resolution vertebral fracture assessment, and scan modes for infant and children’s bone and body composition.
- DICOM compatible reports and database exports for import directly into Excel or advanced statistical software will now be supported.
Services are offered at 400 Parnassus Ave, C Level, see directions
For further information regarding the services offered by the body composition/exercise core, please contact: Wendy Staub at 415-502-3793 or email@example.com.