Use Large Datasets, Available at No Cost
- American Hospital Association annual survey
- Area Resource Files
- National Inpatient Sample
- Kids' Inpatient Database (KID)
- National Emergency Department Sample (NEDS)
- selected State Inpatient Databases (SID)
- selected State Emergency Department Databases (SEDD)
- Death Master File
Data Use Process: Simple application process and a secure remote data environment
Find Large Datasets
- The Large Dataset Inventory helps scientists find the best datasets for your project.
- Information on 80+ local and national health datasets searchable by population, time frame, study design, unit of observation.
How to Use Large Datasets in Research
- Find facts and figures for your proposal, manuscript, and presentation background.
- Learn more about using Online Browsable Datasets
UCSF faculty and senior staff provide advice in:
- Study design/conceptualization
- Addressing common methodological issues in analysis of observational data
- Data dataset selection
- Dataset acquisition
- Administrative support
- Dataset uploading and downloading
- Query design and cohort selection
- Dataset cleaning
- Dataset linking
- Programming support
- Collaboration, building collaborative relationships for data sharing
These services are brought to you by the Comparative Effectiveness Large Dataset Analysis Core (CELDAC) and CTSI at UCSF. CELDAC is a partnership between Philip R Lee Institute for Health Policy Studies (IHPS) and Academic Research Systems (ARS).