On this page
CTSI's Consultation Services program offers expertise to implement cohort identification and direct mail campaigns for patient recruitment. All services are available on a fee-for-service basis, after the initial consultation which is free. Services include:
- Cohort identification & direct mail
- Recruitment methodology
- Developing a recruitment plan
- Social Media recruitment and intervention
For information on identifying recruitment resources that fit your timeline and budget, please see our Recruitment Resources Tip Sheet.
Recruit Study Participants from UCSF Electronic Medical Records
- Submit Request
- Write Letter
- Obtain Data
- Execute Mailing
- Evaluation & Optimization
Cohort Identification & Direct Mail
- Identification of appropriate cohorts from the UCSF APeX/THREDS inpatient medical record, including development of a study‐specific letter in accordance with CHR-required language and guidance in preparing the CHR modification to request approval for use of this resource in recruiting.
- Data query/procurement, data cleaning and subsequent direct mail to potential participants identified from UCSF APeX/THREDS inpatient medical records.
ResearchMatch is a secure national recruitment registry that brings together researchers and people who are interested in learning more about research studies. UCSF Researchers can explore this tool in feasibility mode or can request IRB approval to use for recruitment.
Researchers search the ResearchMatch database in Feasibility mode to assess how many individuals meet eligibility criteria, to view non-identifying descriptions of potential matches. Once a study has IRB approval to use ResearchMatch for recruitment, the study can add an IRB-approved recruitment message and use the tool for recruitment.
ResearchMatch sends the study recruitment message to matched volunteers to inform them about a new opportunity to participate. Once individuals respond with permission to be contacted for that study, personal contact information is made available to the researcher within the secure ResearchMatch system.
- ResearchMatch Researcher Registration
- UCSF Site Instructions (PDF, 100KB)
- UCSF IRB Approval Form (Word, 40KB)
Recruitment Materials Toolkit
Free, professionally designed study recruitment templates. Pay only for printing when you customize and order online from UCSF Documents, Media & Mail.
A few customizable examples....