UCSF Participant Recruitment Service
The UCSF Participant Recruitment Service provides expertise in all aspects of participant recruitment planning, development, and implementation.
Recruitment Analysis & Planning
- Development of robust recruitment plans including advertising/outreach strategies, timelines, and implementation costs
- Monthly consultation during the implementation phase of recruitment plan
Cohort Identification & Direct Mail
- Identification of recruitment cohorts from the UCSF Research Participant Registry, electronic medical records (ApEX and/or THREDS), and external resources
- Coordination of data extraction into secure MyResearch environment
- Assistance in applying for CHR approval of this recruitment method
- Processing and mass distribution of recruitment emails or letters on behalf of the study
- Community outreach and referral networks
- Onsite and inpatient study recruitment, screening and enrollment
- Study-specific prescreening using web, phone or text messaging
- Digital advertising, study websites, and web-based videos
- Traditional advertising using newspaper, transit, or radio/TV ads
- Study branding and development/translation of recruitment materials
UCSF Research Participant Registry
The Registry is a public website where individuals may provide self-reported health information and consent to be contacted for future clinical studies. The information is stored in a searchable database. PRS Registry staff runs queries using study-specific criteria to identify potential participants who can be contacted on behalf of the study.
Recruitment Materials Toolkit
Free, professionally designed study recruitment templates. Pay only for printing when you customize and order online from UCSF Documents, Media & Mail.
A few customizable examples....