CONNECTING YOU TO
Resources available to all researchers at UCSF and affiliated institutions
Find Experts, Collaborators & Mentors
Find UCSF Research Core Facilities & Services
A searchable database that provides information on over 80 UCSF research facilities, services, and contacts.
Get Research Advice – Consultation Services
Provided by UCSF faculty and senior staff.
- Consultation Services
Expert advice includes:
- study design and implementation
- data management
- implementation & dissemination science
- comparative effectiveness large dataset analysis
- Digital Health
- preclinical development: drugs & devices
- global health
- bioinformatics data analysis
- regulatory knowledge and support
- radiology & biomedical imaging research
- clinical & life sciences data
- collaborations between researchers and community partners
- mentoring clinical & translational researchers, and more
- Consultation Services Recharge Policy
Use Clinical Research Services
8 physical locations provide services that help to translate promising clinical research ideas into successful protocols.
- Clinical Research Services
- inpatient and outpatient services,
- nursing services,
- body composition & exercise laboratories,
- sample processing, and more.
- Recruitment Services
Get help with cohort identification & direct mail, Recruitment Materials Toolkit, and UCSF Participant Recruitment Registry
- Data Safety Monitoring Protocol Library
Examples of Data Safety Monitoring plans and board guidelines, including large scale, multicenter trials, and more.
Use Informatics Services & Tools
Capture, access, analyze, manage and securely store research and health data.
- Informatics Resources Overview
A full listing of the tools designed to provide a secure environment for investigators to capture, manage and store research and health data.
- Integrated Data Repository (IDR)
Query a de-identified copy of the UCSF Medical Center APeX demographics and diagnoses data set.
- Data Management with Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap)
A tool to manage research data and develop electronic data capture forms, reports, and surveys.
- Sensitive data storage with MyResearch@UCSF
A professionally managed, secure, web-based, collaborative environment in which to store files containing sensitive data.
- Bioinformatics Consultation Service
Provides consultation and assistance to analyze data deriving from:
- sequence, and other high throughput biotechnologies.
Conduct Digital Health Research
Expert advice and resources for investigators interested in conducting Digital Health research projects, including Mobile Health (mHealth).
Work with Industry
Quick answers and extensive consultation on how to engage in industry partnerships.
Work with the Community
Information and consultation to conduct research in community settings and successfully integrate community partnerships.
Conduct Comparative Effectiveness Research
Support for investigators interested in assessing the effectiveness of clinical interventions and other T2 translational research.
Work with Large Datasets
Learn how to find and use large datasets in research.
Use Communication & Collaboration Tools
Designed to help researchers discover expertise, share knowledge, and engage with collaborators online
- UCSF Profiles
Research discovery and networking tool that helps investigators find research expertise, potential collaborators, and networks.
- Open Forums
Online tools for open brainstorming.
- Research Blogs
Research advice and discussions on Research Ethics and T2 Translational Research.
Website that provides timely advice to clinical and translational researchers, tools, and educational materials.
Talk to a Research Navigator
Get guidance on research resources and experts across UCSF.